CUVC Facility Information regarding Covid-19
USAV May 20th Update:
It is with a heavy heart that USA Volleyball must announce the cancellation of the remaining USA Volleyball Indoor National Championships for the 2020 season. This includes the Girls 18s Junior National Championship, Girls Junior National Championship, Boys Junior National Championship and High Performance Championship. With safety as our top priority and upon further evaluation of the current and projected status of the COVID-19 virus in each of our respective cities, we cannot be assured of each venue's ability to host safe and restriction-free environments for our events in June and July.
AAU May 15th Update:
AAU Volleyball Nationals has been postponed until July. The new event start date will be July 14th. The division breakdown with specific dates will be posted as soon as it is available. Status changes will be sent out to volleyball members, and will also be updated right here. Our first priority is the safety and welfare of all of our members. To view the latest update, CLICK HERE.
USAV May 13, 2020 Update - Return to Play Guidelines
USA Volleyball (USAV) has prepared Return to Play Guidelines for region leaders, club directors, event promoters, venue operators, members and families to provide guidance as volleyball activities begin to recommence across the United States.
The following recommendations are not intended or implied to be mandates. Many of these recommendations are based upon current guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other Federal government agencies. The knowledge surrounding COVID-19 is constantly changing and circumstances are different based on geographic region. Therefore, region leaders, club directors, event promoters and venue operators should adhere to their state and local guidelines when determining their own re-opening policies and procedures.
USAV will be resuming sanctioning of activities on May 15, 2020. All USAV sanctioned activities will be required to adhere to the most stringent federal, state or local guideline for their respective areas. USAV insurance coverage will only be provided for activities that are allowed under such government directives.
Until COVID-19 is either eradicated, a vaccine is developed, or a cure is found, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of infection and as a result USAV strongly encourages all participants to follow these recommendations as safety precautions. The information in this document is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, nor does USAV or its forty (40) Regional Volleyball Associations (Region(s)) assume any liability or responsibility for the recommendations provided herein.
USAV May 5, 2020 Update
A “return to play” task force was established by USA Volleyball to create a comprehensive roadmap to safely restart USAV’s sanctioning of activities when it is appropriate. The task force has been meeting diligently and gathering information from United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), medical experts, government entities, volleyball clubs and other national governing bodies to help pave our course of action. At this point, the group believes that it is premature to safely commence play and thus USA Volleyball is extending the elimination of sanctions for all USA Volleyball activities (including but not limited to events, practices, team activities, individual training sessions or anything covered by USA Volleyball insurance) through May 22, 2020.
Virtual training/coaching/instruction/meetings are permitted during this period of sanction suspension.
CUVC Return to Play Protocols
- All Participants in any program taking place at CUVC is responsible to sign our new General Participation Waiver;
- Participants/Staff are to check temperatures before coming to CUVC. If your temperature is 100.4 or greater as per the CDC (Click HERE for more info), stay home and be fever free for 48 hours before returning to CUVC;
- Participants/Staff will sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting CUVC. Participants/Staff will also, to the best of their ability, wash or sanitize regularly during sessions;
- No Spectators will be allowed inside the building during any session;
- Participants/Staff should bring their own water bottles. Water fountains are only in use to fill water bottles; we have a hands free station to do so.
- Participants/Staff should refrain from congregating, especially in the bathroom. Players are encouraged not to use the bathrooms unless absolutely necessary or to wash their hands;
- Masks are worn based on the NC State Current Executive Order and Exemptions list.
Drop-off and Pick-up Protocols
- No Participants will be allowed inside the facility until 5 minutes prior to their assigned session;
- Parents should arrive five minutes prior to their participant’s scheduled session end time for prompt pickup;
- Unless it is raining or dark outside, participants will not be allowed to remain inside the facility more than five minutes after their scheduled session ends;
- Players are not to congregate around the doors - either as leaving or as waiting to enter.
- Players/coaches/campers are to refrain from high fives, huddles, hugging, and other congregating activities common among team sports.
- Balls and Carts will be sanitized prior to use for any session;
- All High Touch areas will be cleaned nightly (bathrooms, door handles, desk, etc.);
- Playing surface will be cleaned twice per week;
- Bathrooms are fully stocked with Soap and Sanitizing Stations are setup throughout the Facility;
USA Volleyball has issued a list of protective actions they recommend you take. Check it out below:
- Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, arm rests, air vents, etc.).
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events.
SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT
Thanks to all of you who have submitted your information thus far. If you haven’t visited our small business page, check it out here at www.carolinauvc.com/smallbusiness. During these times we want to do everything we can to support each other! If you want to be added – please email us the following info:
Type of Business
Business Address and general location (for example, Northeast Charlotte, or Ballantyne area, or Concord Mills area)
Instagram, facebook, social media information
FRIENDS OF CUVC
We have started doing a “Friends of CUVC” video feature a couple times a week on facebook and instagram. If you want to be featured, send us a video no more than 60 seconds long. Talk about whatever you want, but make sure you say hi to the CUVC fam! While we are currently being held apart, this can be a great way to draw closer together!